Blog Stats
403Total Entries
168Total Comments
Search Blogs

Feed Random Blog Entries
Cahore 31st May & 1st June by Rob Millard on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:32 pm
Got out on both Thursday evening and Friday evening for about 4 hours fishing. Conditions were perfect, flat calm and a nice moderate tide. We tagged and released 8 tope on Thursday, and 8 tope again on Friday. Mostly male fish 18lbs to about 30lbs. Mackerel heads and live whiting (which are in abundance at the moment) accounted for most of the tope, although I did get a 20lber on light spin gear with crab bait on a 1/0 hook. I initially thought I was into a monster smoothound, so although I was dissapointed to see it was a tope, I got great sport from it all the same. A 12lb Thornback Ray on Thursday was an added bonus.

Hopefully we'll find some bigger tope over the next few weeks.

Rob

0 Comments Viewed 4698 times
where now by wicklapaul on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:15 pm
hello
i am new to this site, i was a regular beach caster about 12 years ago, had some chaps and stopped beach fishing, i am getting back into it again and was wondering where to go i used to go to Kilcoole, greystones, clones beach, kilmichael, and was wondering are the worth going back to any of them, :mrgreen:

0 Comments Viewed 250 times
tope fishing by Anonymous on Tue May 17, 2011 2:19 pm
im going tope fishing for the first time this year on my own boat ive read plenty about it has any 1 got any good tips for me thanks darren......

0 Comments Viewed 283 times
rock fishing by Anonymous on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:55 am
going heading shore fishing Friday, Anyone know any good rock marks in cork that are good for conger bullhuss ect.. and that can still be fished at lowtide..

thanks Jay

0 Comments Viewed 204 times
wanted dawia supercast fixed spool !! by seafisherman on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:34 pm
hi lads, im on the look out for dawia supercast! if anyone is selling one and its in good condition id be very interested!! from the cork area. regards paul

0 Comments Viewed 7403 times