Search Blogs

Kileney bay fishing

Permanent Linkby Anonymous on Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:01 pm

Where : killeney bay white rock
When :5-6:30
Rig:2 hook flapper
Bait:lugworm
Results : none :(
I'm new to sea fishing and am over in Ireland to visit my dad , I fished dun laoghaire harbour before hand and had no success apart from losing tackle and getting frustrated however we did get a starfish which fell off at the surface. In hope of a fish , we went back to the tackle shop and got some more tackle and we were recommended to fish white rock on killeney bay. We fished till it was dark and hoped that this would be the best time to get a whiting or something. We fished for a hour or so and found a gap in the rocks to rest the rod up high and see the tip. I cast quite far and not sure why we didn't get anything , kept the bait fresh and although freezing stayed till it dark. I understand its likely to blank sometimes but any tips to help make sure that I don't leave Ireland without even catching one..

Thanks
Sam
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1 Comment Viewed 47747 times
Comments

RE: Kileney bay fishing

Permanent Linkby JoeBrady88 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:42 pm

Location. Ballymoney Wexford
Bait. Rag and lug
High tide. 21.30
Duration. 19.00-23.00
Rig. 3 Hook Flapper hook size 1/0

Slow start with a south easterly wind but as the tide turned around 7:40 the fishing picked up. 2 nice codling 42 and 46cm, 12 whiting, 2 small plaice, 4 flounder and 3 rockling.

The whiting got a bit ridiculous, resulting in packing up early as no bait left. Good night's fishing all the same.
JoeBrady88
SAI Lug Worm

Blog: View Blog (2)