Cod fishing Monkstown advice

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

Cod fishing Monkstown advice

Postby lucaslt » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi everyone, I got a couple of weeks left staying in Carrigaline and I’m still trying to get some cods of The Wall. For now I only fished the wooden pier in front of the pub by night (every moment of the tide). I only got 2 small codlings (20-30cm) and a few small withings. I’m using fresh peelers and frozen razor fish on a pulley rig with a 3/0 Pennell hook and a 200g heavy grip lead. Even with this lead the rig is carried away when the tide is coming in or out. So here are my question : Does people getting cod of the wall this month ? Am I doing right with my baits and rig ? Should I try the grassy path mark or the mark near the tunnel by daylight for better results ?
lucaslt
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 1 time

Advertisement

Re: Cod fishing Monkstown advice

Postby donal domeney » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:52 pm

A total waste of time looking for cod down there. If they were there I'd be catching them 8)
Boat species '15 (31) Shore species (21) Total species 40, Specimen (B) Bluemouth .92kg,(B) Spotted ray 6lb,(S) Painted ray 12.4lb
Boat species '16 (30) Shore species (17) Total species 36
Boat species '17 (32) cod, ling, coalfish, whiting, dab, poor cod, dogfish, ballan, cuckoo, grey gurnard, pollack, mackerel, huss, weaver, pouting, painted ray, spotted ray, scad, bluemouth (SPEC), red gurnard, conger, tub gurnard, tompot, goby, skipper, blue shark, goldsinny, thornback,3b rockling, scorpion, sand smelt, dragonet,
Shore species '17 (22) cod coalfish conger dab dogfish poor cod herring flounder (SPEC) whiting pollack shore rockling corkwing ballan bass scorpion huss launce sand smelt grey gurnard mackerel bass painted ray
donal domeney
Head of International Security and Bringer of World Peace

Have thanks: 904 times

Postby lucaslt » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:51 pm

:mrgreen: ok, so you fish monks town a lot ? well if you catch any in the next couples of week just let me know :) meanwhile I might focus on east Cork beaches hopping for better luck :D
lucaslt
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby ste c » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:02 pm

As said a waste of time in monkstown for cod its nothing like it used to be
ste c
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 290 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum