Looking for some advice on fishing in Dingle!

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Looking for some advice on fishing in Dingle!

Postby Joeh21 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello all!
Myself and a few friends are heading down to dingle for a week in the middle of November, Im looking to do some fishing down there from the piers/beaches or maybe even the rocks depending on the weather!

Ive read the area is in a bad way? id still like to give it a go! so any tips you can give would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Joe
Joeh21
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Looking for some advice on fishing in Dingle!

Postby sully » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:25 am

Hi Joe I'm in Tralee so not far from dingle. November is a hard time for the rocks some good fishing still to be had around slea head but wet rough weather and rocks don't mix. the beaches in Brandon bay will throw up bass flounder and ray with the possibility of a stray cod there too. ventry will have dogs and Coalies with the chance of a ray. if all else fails there is some good conger in the harbour there and at the way the past few years have went there may well be mackerel still around. Give me a message if I can do any more for you.
Chris O'Sullivan
sully
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 27 times

Postby Joeh21 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply!
Yeah as i said the rocks will be weather dependant! Not going to be putting anyone in danger! Ill definitely be checking out Brandon Bay then!
Would Fenit be worth the journey out? Or dingle Lighthouse?
Joeh21
SAI Lug Worm

Postby Joeh21 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:14 pm

Thanks for the advice! Ventry threw up plenty of doggies and coalfish! nothing but crabs at Fenit. Unfortunately i didnt make it out to Brandon during my stay but ill definitely be going back during the summer, the scenery down there is something else!
Joeh21
SAI Lug Worm

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum