Favorite rigs

Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:56 am

Well I was tying a few rigs up yesterday and started thinking it would be nice to have a few more types . I tied up a few pullies , up and over , loop rigs , 2 & 3 hook flappers and also a few bombers. Just wondering what everyone else would use and for what reason you use it ?

Re: Favorite rigs

Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:43 pm

like the lower drop down snood on a two hook clip down - get to fish the bottom hard then
like an up and over, but you have the top hook fishing higher in the water with a 2nd bait

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:27 pm

I like the Wessex rig or the one up one down

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:36 pm

http://www.skysports.com/downloads/Book ... r_Rigs.pdf

I started to try make 1 of each of these - I got bored after a very small amount of time :D

I printed it out though and have them all in a folder - I make a new one every so often - Its a great reference to have.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:55 pm

One up one down is my favourite

Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:35 pm

Teegerstk wrote:One up one down is my favourite

Ya i like the One up one down but having the lower snood loose i find it can get tangles on the cast sometimes

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:14 pm

corkconian wrote:Ya i like the One up one down but having the lower snood loose i find it can get tangles on the cast sometimes

Happens to me too, it's worse when you want a nice long flowing trace...sometimes I just go with a 1 hook clipped down nice and handy.
Pulleys are great too, along with 2/3 hook flapper/clipped down for scratching. Wessex rig is useful too.
Man, this makes me wanna get out there now :lol: :oops:

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:18 pm

Happens to me too, it's worse when you want a nice long flowing trace...sometimes I just go with a 1 hook clipped down nice and handy.
Pulleys are great too, along with 2/3 hook flapper/clipped down for scratching. Wessex rig is useful too.
Man, this makes me wanna get out there now :lol: :oops:

Your not the only one :D

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:41 pm

corkconian wrote:Your not the only one :D

Actually haven't been out in yonks (well thats what it feels like at least!)
The Up and over rig is a good one too

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:06 pm

a few variations on here

http://rigsketcher.fishingreviews.co.uk/