Kerry Sea Trout

Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:55 am

Hi all,

Going down to Dingle at the beginning of May. Can anyone tell me when the Sea Trout start running please?

Re: Kerry Sea Trout

Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:28 pm

Are ye fishing in fresh or salt?, most would be running the rivers at that stage .or at least they would be heading that direction,estuaries would be the spot if your spinning in salt,or else get out the fly gear for night fishing in the rivers

Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:40 pm

If your bored in Dingle and have the chance head over to cloghane village, just over the connor pass. Its on the way to Brandon. Pass the village and keep heading to Brandon there will be an estuary on your right. Keep driving towards Brandon and you'll come across a turn to cappagh strand on your right about 3km outside cloghane which i find tends to fish better just after low tide. Most people tend to spin right of the rock, You'll see the rock when your there. its basically an island. Spinning will produce sea-trout and bass. Mullet cruise up and down also if your tempted. Bottom fishing with an up and over rig baited with a full sandeel tends to produce sea-trout also. WEAR FOOTWEAR!!! There are a lot of weavers in the sand.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated.

I'm actually staying in Cloghane then Dingle, couldn't get the whole trip in one place. Looking forward it.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:18 pm

Local Hero wrote:Thanks for the info guys much appreciated.

I'm actually staying in Cloghane then Dingle, couldn't get the whole trip in one place. Looking forward it.

How did your sea trout trip to Kerry go?