Malahide estuary channel

Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:26 am

Hey lads any one ever fished the malahide estuary was thinking of it this weekend taking the long walk from the donabate side and fishing the mouth of the channel was just wondering if any1 knows what tides are best Cheers

Re: Malahide estuary channel

Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:20 pm

Plugging for bass an sea trout wasting your time with bait

Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:12 pm

Yeah - water is very brown maybe April after the weather settles down. Bait would be good, but not in the main channel as the current is VERY strong

Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:34 pm

Use popped up baits anyway ,loads a crabs will be on your bait in seconds

Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:09 pm

Bait fishing there is a waste of time unless your willing to put hours and hours into it

Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:11 pm

Cheers lads may try somewhere else them crabs are on my last nerve lol trying to find a decent mark in Dublin may head up to terminofeckin thanks

Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:26 pm

Decent mark in dublin you have better chance of winning the lotto i wouldnt waste my time fishing dublin even bait collecting is getting bad around it

Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:01 pm

ste c wrote:Decent mark in dublin you have better chance of winning the lotto i wouldnt waste my time fishing dublin even bait collecting is getting bad around it

You must have been in a bad mood. Some great marks in Dublin for all sorts. Maybe not the northside though.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:06 pm

Seen a couple of needle fish cuaght there last year in March, caught on spinners.........Man they are fast.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:36 pm

All bait will be eaten by crab within a few mins

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Rogerstown etuary portrane on a ebbing to low tide