Tronixpro

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Tronixpro

Postby mac attack » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:20 am

Has anyone used them tronixpro reels?
mac attack
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Tronixpro

Postby Johnboy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:46 am

Bought one today so I'll let you know. It's just to keep me going until I can afford a better one but if it's good enough I'll stick with it. Very good external quality and handling, very smooth. Hopefully the gears hold up.
Johnboy
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 8 times

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:47 pm

Johnboy wrote:Bought one today so I'll let you know. It's just to keep me going until I can afford a better one but if it's good enough I'll stick with it. Very good external quality and handling, very smooth. Hopefully the gears hold up.

How did you get on with it? Which version did you get?
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 40 times

Postby DavidLynch » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:22 pm

seem to be alright for the money they are a friend of mine has two of the tournament version and they cast great and fish well he has had no problems with them in nearly a year.
DavidLynch
SAI Lug Worm

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:40 pm

DavidLynch wrote:seem to be alright for the money they are a friend of mine has two of the tournament version and they cast great and fish well he has had no problems with them in nearly a year.

Yes I too have the Tournament and when I first got it, it wouldn't click out of free spool, but now its no bother at all, i have it set with 3 blocks On, and its wicked fast, still not used to it and have gotten a fair few nests, I have my Abu C3 CT dialled in at last...
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Postby DavidLynch » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:33 pm

clive for the price there a cracking piece of kit my mate has had no problems at all with them since purchase and said he would buy another pair no problem at all.
DavidLynch
SAI Lug Worm

Postby Clive O Driscoll » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:11 pm

DavidLynch wrote:clive for the price there a cracking piece of kit my mate has had no problems at all with them since purchase and said he would buy another pair no problem at all.

It is nice David, and to be honest i retrieve with my Left hand with All my Fly reels, fixed spools etc, all my Life. So i got the Tronixpro with left hand wind, naturally :D but as I'm totally new to multi's i was given an Abu c3 ct 6500 elite for free and its right handed, it was a Big battle at the start trying to wind with my right, but now I prefer to wind with right hand on my Multi LOL but i will keep the tronixpro anyway as backup.

I will get the Fathom 15 Magged soon enough, as I would prefer to have a Great reel as my Primary, my Abu is years old but its working away great and to be fair, Spotless inside, not that I know what I'm looking at :mrgreen:
Clive
Clive O Driscoll
SAI Bait Ball

Postby DavidLynch » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:17 pm

clive I have had a few reels maged by chris macey and he does a great job and the control you have is great even in a cross wind.
DavidLynch
SAI Lug Worm

Postby kayak fishing » Thu May 31, 2018 1:24 pm

that s good to know lads
kayak fishing
SAI Lug Worm

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers