Celtic Queen

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Going fishing with John Ryan tomorrow morning I have no idea what to expect. I have seen him come back with a lot of mackeral and he said to fetch some feathers, that figures I guess :? . Do you think we will doing any bottom fishing ? I have fished Morecambe bay and the fylde coast for many years it is mostly up tiding for the bigger stuff and drop down tide for flatties etc. Any tips would be great.

Re: Celtic Queen

Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:24 pm

John Ryan out of Clifden? I'm guessing you'll be drift fishing over some lovely reefs. Expect good pollack, some coalies, try fishing close to the bottom with baited feathers for Cod & Ling. There's some really nice ground around there, and magnificent sea scapes & scenery. Hope you have a good day, please report back!

Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:44 am

i have never been out with him but i know that he had some big skate last year and some good cod as well
he usually stops off the white lady on the way back in for a few rays
try a few tiny baited hooks and you never know what you might get,loads of species in the area

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:51 pm

Just to let you kind folks know my three boys and I went out this morning as promised. To be honest the day started a little wet :cry: and the sea was a bit lumpy :mrgreen: but John said this was quite normal and about as good as it gets. After a while the rain stopped and the sun shone down making a beautiful day I think the water got a bit flatter aswell :D .The fishing was great we caught mackeral five and six at a time, some nice ones aswell. John suggested we try a few jelly worms and try for some pollock he proceeded to set us up accordingly. We caught some crackers and a great time was had by us all. With regard to my previous post I need not of worried because John just loved to help and give advice all day and nothing was to much trouble. Unfortunately it is back home to Lancashire on Saturday but we have had a great time in your truly beautiful county. Cheers guys regards Barry.