Dingle

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Dingle

Postby Jayball10 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:39 am

Story lads.

Long time no post as not fishing much. Heading down to Dingle for a few days with the missus for a break. Was gonna head over to Brandon for a pint but was gonna bring a rod and set of feathers. Any Macks showing up off the pier?

Not driving so limited to areas I can fish. Staying in the Dingle harbour area so was hoping to fish the lighthouse for some wrasse and pollock. Also gonna try the bay area for ray and bass. Anything happening? Might give the harbour itself a bash too.

I have the Bob Moss book and have fished the area a few times before so have a fair idea on areas but im sure theres a few hot spots that im unaware of.

PMs welcomed. Any advise gratefully appreciated and will be kept to myself.
The way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly...
Jayball10
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 120 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Dingle

Postby tight lines » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:43 pm

What's the story jay if u want to give the ray ago the small island on the outer harbour can be accessed at low water fish the far side into the channel for some good ray fresh Mack is best but you will get cut off as the tide floods
tight lines
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 471 times

Postby donal domeney » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:10 pm

I've had ray from under the lighthouse
Boat species '15 (31) Shore species (21) Total species 40 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth .92kg,(B) Spotted ray 6lb,(S) Painted ray 12.4lb
Boat species '16 (30) Shore species (17) Total species 36
Boat species '17 (35) Shore species (22) Total species 37 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth, (S) Flounder
donal domeney
Head of International Security and Bringer of World Peace

Have thanks: 1248 times

Postby delmonte » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:06 pm

I'm heading down that way from Dublin myself Wednesday to Saturday. If you find somewhere that's turning out a few Ray would you mind sending me a pm? I'v yet to catch one and want to give myself some chance by fishing the right spots!
delmonte
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 28 times

Postby Jayball10 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:17 pm

tight lines wrote:What's the story jay if u want to give the ray ago the small island on the outer harbour can be accessed at low water fish the far side into the channel for some good ray fresh Mack is best but you will get cut off as the tide floods

Thanks a million Alan. Ill try and give it a bash on my way around the bay. Hope you're keeping well pal.

donal domeney wrote:I've had ray from under the lighthouse

Thanks Donal.

delmonte wrote:I'm heading down that way from Dublin myself Wednesday to Saturday. If you find somewhere that's turning out a few Ray would you mind sending me a pm? I'v yet to catch one and want to give myself some chance by fishing the right spots!

Ill try my best mate. And I'm sure you'll PM and let me know if you're on the fish :)
The way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly...
Jayball10
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 120 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby delmonte » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:35 pm

Will do!
delmonte
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 28 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum