lost salt skimmer lure

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:04 am

My wife calls it 'neptunes bounty' when I lose a spinner of the rocks and as far as I care good luck to anyone who finds it. Hope they have better luck than I had. I recently found a salt skimmer lure while I was beach combing. The treble hooks need replaced but the body is still in good shape. I researched it and they ain't cheap lures and mainly for bass fishing. I had a few casts out on 15lb line and it hits good distance of an 8 foot spinning rod. 50/60 yards.

£15-18 for a lure is a bit rich for my blood and a bit too specialized, the only bass I know comes in pints. Finders keepers and all that but somebody obviously bought it with the intention of catching bass. It's a lovely lure and wasted on myself. So if you're the owner leave a PM with the mods or with myself if possible and I'll send it to you. I found it just off St Johns point county Down last Thursday week which would be July 16th 2015.

Re: lost salt skimmer lure

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:44 am

Its not mine , but if nobody claims it I will gladly take it off your hands for a nominal fee.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:25 pm

No fee needed, I'll have to take off the trebles before posting it but you can stand myself or someone else a pint. Just hit the mods with an address so they can hit me back and I'll post it off. And if you lose it then you do the same with someone else's spinner or lure that you may find.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Mozza wrote:Its not mine , but if nobody claims it I will gladly take it off your hands for a nominal fee.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now come to think of it I might have lost one of them about 2 years ago. :wink: :wink:

Based on tide predictions and tide flows it may have taken the "wild atlantic way" and headed up your way :oops: :shock:

Due to currency fluctuations :wink: It may be cheaper for me if you kept it and put too better use.
Nothing better or luckier than using someone else's bait. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:17 pm

E-Mail sent Beachmaster

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:30 pm

Thanks Mozza I'll whizz it off to you asap but I'll remove the trebles they're a bit weather worn but the lure itself is in top class condition.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:26 pm

Keep the lure and use it yourself may have been a better option than giving it to somebody