Greystones pier

Shore angling - everything welcome! The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: donal domeney

Greystones pier

Postby ste123 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi all.i havent sea fished in years.i want to bring the kids out and looking for somewhere safe and easy access for them.is fishing allowed from greystones pier??.if anyone can suggest somewhere in north dublin that would be great too.thanks
ste123
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Greystones pier

Postby spandito » Sat May 12, 2018 2:11 am

Hi there, what part of North Dublin are you from? There is loads of threads in here about north Dublin in general. You need to make 3 posts before you can see them. To answer your question, yes you can fish in Greystones Harbour. I prefer the beach though as your more likely to catch fish :-). For kids it’s not the friendliest of walks to get to the best spots so 2 things I recommend if the pier doesn’t work out. Hire a boat from Dalkey (weather permitting and make sure it’s a really calm day) - pretty much guaranteed to catch something!!
If it’s windy then try the beach for flats and spinning for bass. I live in north Dublin and if I’m looking for a good session tend to head south of Killiney as the beaches are Generally deeper than Dollymount to Dundalk!

For this message the author spandito has received thanks:
keem (Tue May 15, 2018 8:27 am)
spandito
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 16 times

Return to Shore Angling Q&A / Forum