dunmore east launch

Boat Angling - everything welcome. The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals, and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: JimC

dunmore east launch

Postby insomnia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:51 am

Hi lads been a while since i have been on here i have bought a boat this year got myself an nice little sea jeep im wondering does anyone here ever launch from dunmore east how is it there is it safe enough and is there any rules on the slipway trying to gather information on it also how is the fishing there thanks in advance
insomnia
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 4 times

Re: dunmore east launch

Postby dezzer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:41 am

It's a nice slipway,but can whip up in certain winds,parking can be tight,park neatly in front of sailing club,fishing from what I hear very poor at the moment,have a look at the webcams in dunmore east harbour it will give you a shot of slipway,can be very busy when the kids are off at the adventure centre..
dezzer
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 39 times

Postby insomnia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Thanks for your reply can anyone launch there and would dunmore East or tramore be better till I get the grips of things
insomnia
SAI Lug Worm

Postby jellybait » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:25 pm

tramore is very tidal

I Know kilmore has the best slip and facilities around but you do have to pay to use it - yearly or daily , you can launchg out of passage east on a high tide but its tricky enough. I would imagine you can use the slip in Dunmore as the only other one i see listed is Wexford harbour for a slip fee

Fishing is brutal at the minute , was out of kilmore and nothing doing at all , water isnt the clearest either
jellybait
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 53 times

Postby dezzer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Dunmore is free to everyone at the moment,just respect the area as it is a working harbour,tramore is handy but tidal but you will launch anytime bar very low water,take care ,as jeeps and trailers do get stuck in the sand/mud,ballyhack not too bad,but there is a very steep drop off at the end of slipway,and you have the ferry and ferry tragic to deal with...
dezzer
SAI Hammerhead

Postby insomnia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:39 pm

Fantastic replys will be based in tramore in mobile park just dunmore East took fancy alot more activity there and I'm looking at that in a safety way been new to this 2 other things is it possible to get rnli to look over your boat there if so how do you go about it and 1 more thing do you know anyone in them areas to do service on engine has been done but not in my hands

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
insomnia
SAI Lug Worm

Postby insomnia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:40 pm

insomnia wrote:Fantastic replys will be based in tramore in mobile park just dunmore East took fancy alot more activity there and I'm looking at that in a safety way been new to this 2 other things is it possible to get rnli to look over your boat there if so how do you go about it and 1 more thing do you know anyone in them areas to do service on engine has been done but not in my hands

That's my boat [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180220/9c5020a1f9955c7b28bc827f2627ab8c.jpg[/img]

insomnia
SAI Lug Worm

Postby dezzer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Not sure if the RNLI still do boat checks but you could ask in Dunmore,carry an auxiliary engine if you can,flares,life jackets,a working VHF radio and a good anchor rope and chain,as for service,Clinton marine,Maurice Cott in Ballanacurra cork Cork Marine or Marine Motors depending where your from...
dezzer
SAI Hammerhead

Postby insomnia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:40 pm

ye i have brand new aux engine 4hp new vhf echomap gps just flares i need to get thanks for info will check out that marine service i dont mind travelling if there top job im from carlow boat will based in tramore so wont be too bad to drop it down
insomnia
SAI Lug Worm

Return to Boat Angling Q&A / Forum