Dingle area marks

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if there are any marks that anyone could recommend in the dingle area in mid March?

I've been looking at the local marks on the site and dingle harbour looks like a decent mixed fishing mark but I'm wondering if it fishes this time of year?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Dingle area marks

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:55 am

Worth having a look on here

https://www.fishinginireland.info/sea/s ... dingle.htm

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:26 am

Unfortunately Bob Moss passed away last summer
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nmntIGD6PMs

Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Don't know what happened the rest of my post. Bob wrote a book "A Guide to Shore Angling on the Dingle Peninsula". There were copies in the Dingle Bookshop last July. Give them a call and see if they have one.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Cheers lads!!

All help greatly appreciated! I'm only going to get a small window as will be there with the missus and she's going to be working for one of the days, hence bringing the rods!

Any idea how they fish in March? Will it be worth my while at all or will there be fish to catch? Unfortunately never fished down there outside the rainy season(what some call Summer)

Chris

Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:10 am

I'm in Kerry at Easter - will post a report.
Bob was a lovely man, always very helpful on the rare occasions I passed through Dingle, may he rest in peace.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:48 pm

They get a nice run of Bass from now until May when sometimes on marks it can go very quiet. Id try BallyFerriter, Murreagh, Ballydavid for lures at low water. If its bait then ye cant go wrong with lug and try Kilcummin 2 hours either side of high water. Some nice marks from here over to Camp, all around Castlegregory where any evening high tide will produce bass.

On the far side then Inch from low up will produce on bait this time of year. Again found that ye cant go wrong with lug.