Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Post a reply

Advise on waterproof clothing

Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:54 pm

Can anyone suggest a smock that is actually waterproof cause all the ones i have had are definitely not.

Re: Advise on waterproof clothing

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:49 pm

got myself a vass rubber smock 100%waterproof ansd wind prood but you will not be warm in it you need good termals and a good arron .they also do a winter smock havent got 1 but will if its rubber like the other one

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:35 am

That's great thanks ogie vass seems to be the way to go alright.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:39 pm

the climb8.ie ones get good reviews and dont break the bank

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:56 pm

Bass boots or musto jackets but you will pay for musto

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:23 pm

Looking for some good waterproofs myself. Seems like the Vass smock could be worth a look

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:06 pm

Prefer Gortex, not only keeps me dry any season, but keeps sweat to a minimum too. layer as required. Can be rolled up small and shoved in yer box and light weight.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:37 am

Stay away from the greys Apollo smock. Absolute rubbish for rain but warm enough.
I've tried a good few tops and the only thing that will 100% keep out the rain is rubber. im using a FishComm coat now. It's rubber outside and lined on the inside so you don't sweat in it too much. It only zips from the top half so really easy the cast with on the shore.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:52 pm

The Fishcomm gear looks the biz alright. I had a look on their website, can you get their gear here ? and where ? I use the Vass 175 jacket and very good for staying dry but if u went hiking in it you would sweat badly, my ones waterproof but not breathable. Tempted to try their winter jacket and bib & brace but dont know if it would be as waterproof as the 175.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:37 pm

You can get it in Landandsea sports Bundoran and Mooneys of Killybegs. Not sure about anywhere else to be honest

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:15 pm

keymcg wrote:You can get it in Landandsea sports Bundoran and Mooneys of Killybegs. Not sure about anywhere else to be honest

That'll do fine, thanks again, appreciated.
Post a reply