Switch to full style
At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!
Post a reply

IMAX FR Beach shelter question

Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi guys, hoping you can help me with this predicament.

I bought an IMAX FR Beach Shelter yesterday. It doesn't come with any instructions but was easy enough to put up. However taking it down doesn't seem so easy. The shelter is designed to fold in half, with each of the six struts made of two poles joined together by a strong elastic type chord, not unlike the pop-up style tents. There just doesn't seem to be any give when I try and pull the poles apart and don't want to use too much force and cause a problem. Is there something I'm not doing right? Hoping someone out there has some advice please. Thanks, Eddie

Re: IMAX FR Beach shelter question

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:18 am

EddieK wrote:Hi guys, hoping you can help me with this predicament.

I bought an IMAX FR Beach Shelter yesterday. It doesn't come with any instructions but was easy enough to put up. However taking it down doesn't seem so easy. The shelter is designed to fold in half, with each of the six struts made of two poles joined together by a strong elastic type chord, not unlike the pop-up style tents. There just doesn't seem to be any give when I try and pull the poles apart and don't want to use too much force and cause a problem. Is there something I'm not doing right? Hoping someone out there has some advice please. Thanks, Eddie
Panic over, needed to lift the collapsed tent up and let it hang vertically for the poles to be separated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Just saved me sending a link to a site that shows you how to do it
mickser

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:11 pm

Thanks Mickser, please post the link. It'll be useful to others. I searched for hours yesterday and couldn't find one and then found the right way to do it by chance. Eddie

Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:15 am

Here is the video of putting it up and watch until the end to see it taken down in 2 minutes
==https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBBi2Ui9Oow
Post a reply