K2 blue metal and Shimano biomaster

Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:14 am

hey

checkin out wat ill get for xmas.going for a soft rod cause i have a century g1 and conoflex celtic tiger and there not too soft, so decided on the k2 bluemetal.wat do ye think of this rod?

also wats the difference in the xsa and xta versions of the biomaster?

thanks
any info greatly appreciated

Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:46 pm

Have had a go with the 15ft blue metal. Nice light rod, casts really well with 4 & 5onz leads and decent fixed-spool.

Assume you want it for clean ground fishing for flatties etc. so will do that job really well.

The only criticism I have of it is that it wobbles about alot if the wind is quite strong making it harder to see bites.

Lee

Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:12 am

like the K2 myself. still getting used to it. ideal for calm days and light lines with delicate baits. good little caster too with a 4oz. lead!

Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:19 am

hey

ya small delicate baits with long traces wit 2 and 3 oz leads scrathing for flats is wat im getting it for,also havin a fixedspool for nite is handy,

thanks for the replies

Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:03 pm

you won't be dissappionted. handy for speed fishing for whiting and the like too. enjoy!

Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:25 am

The K2 Blue Metal Extreme 16'8 is an absolute joy to fish with, usually find the lighter the lead you use on it, the farther it will go...

Another benefit is the Long traces which can be cast with it, allowing you to cover more ground with your baits...

Its practically my best frield! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: