multipier reel

Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:39 am

Hi

Has anyone ever heard of the A B U Garcia Ambassador reel herself bought it for me and i want to know is it worth keeping or should i change it (she kept the reciept

Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:14 am

abu garcia ambassador is a name of a range of reels produced by abu garcia they range in size from a 2500 to 100000.depending on what you want the reel for?? the 2500 very light line to the bigger reel for very heavy line for boat fishing and the like.the 6500 is used for beach fishing and the 7000 and 7500 for fishing over rough ground.this is only a little info but look up the abu garcia web site and you will find all the info you need and the wide range of reels they produce.hope this is of some help to you.cheers john.

Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:21 pm

Generally speaking (yes yes, I know I've said some disparaging things on here re quality control on the newest models Abus :lol: ) Abu Garcia is an excellent brand.

Which model have you?

Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:15 am

I'm with everyone else. Abu multipliers are the long standing standard by which beach reels are measured but there is a big performance difference within the various models.