Grauvell fixed spool beachcaster.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:12 pm

I'm liking the looks of the Grauvell range of fixed spool beach rods. The 15ft looks great for general beach work, flatties and bass (I should be so lucky) My question is anyone own one and are they any good? They seem very reasonably priced!

Re: Grauvell fixed spool beachcaster.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:11 pm

i have the teknos 4500 surf T...i use it for flatties,bass,cod and it copes with all types,beach,estuary.i find the action a little softer than my penn powerstick surf, but it casts every bit as far.Also on the plus side i broke a couple of eyes on the grauvell rod and when i contacted grauvell spain about replacements,they sent me a whole top section of the rod free of charge :D ,so good customer service as well!!!!

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:08 pm

have a 15 footer twin tip and love it ,can handle just about anything the match tip will welly out 3 or 4 oz and the standard tip is ok up to 6 oz i see shakespeare have a new rod the agility long surf coming out soon retailing at £84 in the uk for the money they look quite impressive :wink:

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:23 pm

mikado wrote:I'm liking the looks of the Grauvell range of fixed spool beach rods. The 15ft looks great for general beach work, flatties and Bass (I should be so lucky) My question is anyone own one and are they any good? They seem very reasonably priced!

Very good rods. I have a DH (expensive) & HM Surf (middle of the road) & both rods are terrific for general beach work.

They cast great distances in the hands of mortals and while they can’t pull the bottom up, that’s not really what they’re designed for. In saying that I used to foolishly whack out 7oz leads & double peeler on the match tip of the HM Surf into the estuaries in Cork for Cod, so there is power there!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:23 pm

hi lads just a question do you know where i can get a match tip for my hm 4500 or the web site address for grauvell in spain might be worth a try

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:38 am

rcalnan wrote:hi lads just a question do you know where i can get a match tip for my hm 4500 or the web site address for grauvell in spain might be worth a try

the web site i used was www.grauvell.com