rovex line????

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:15 pm

https://www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/rovex- ... -3423.html

has anyone used this type of line.its cheap but its perfect what i intend to use it for,,,,

cheers

Re: rovex line????

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:17 pm

got one of their shockleader 50lbs mono nd it was totally crap :-(

Sent from my rod nd reel using Tapatalk

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:03 pm

ive used it in 15lb breaking strain got a good year from it and it did the job

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:33 am

[quote="zeke"]got one of their shockleader 50lbs mono nd it was totally crap :-(

Thats a weird one as ive been using the 60lb clear stuff recently[admittedly over clean ground]and ive been impressed to date.It knots very well and easily and to me and a few of my friends its very like sakuma or the varivas but cheaper.Id better keep an eye on things just in case so.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:46 pm

shockleaders in cheap makes can be crap alrite,,,reminds me of leeda 50lb mono,,,
zeke wrote:got one of their shockleader 50lbs mono nd it was totally crap :-(

Sent from my rod nd reel using Tapatalk

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:56 pm

very similar to suffix and the suffix is manufactured for rapalla ...id be guessing in china just like the rovex :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:30 am

beachbuddy wrote:

Thats a weird one as ive been using the 60lb clear stuff recently[admittedly over clean ground]and ive been impressed to date.It knots very well and easily and to me and a few of my friends its very like sakuma or the varivas but cheaper.Id better keep an eye on things just in case so.

Just an update i tied a batch of traces the other night and to be honest im afraid the rovex stuff just is'nt very nice to say the least :oops:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:55 pm

is it just that its stiff and doesnt knot nicely,,,is there not a nice feel to it

beachbuddy wrote:
beachbuddy wrote:

Just an update i tied a batch of traces the other night and to be honest im afraid the rovex stuff just is'nt very nice to say the least :oops:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:41 pm

It knots very well,but kinks easily and has a slippery feel to it.When i used it initially it was on a uni knot shockleader knot which was perfect,but after tying a blast of traces ive come to the conclusion its just not as good as some other brands.I'll use it away but won't buy it again.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:17 am

used the .35mm and its alright. lasts a few sessions too.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:23 am

m.b3 wrote:used the .35mm and its alright. lasts a few sessions too.

and what kind of fishing where you doing

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:42 am

0.33mm and 12 lb for 6.2 eur + shipping ?

Ill stay with Sufix Tritamium 0.33 19lb 1200m for 8 eur from a local tackle shop.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:22 pm

to be quiet honest i really have got to dislike this line of late

Doberman wrote:0.33mm and 12 lb for 6.2 eur + shipping ?

Ill stay with Sufix Tritamium 0.33 19lb 1200m for 8 eur from a local tackle shop.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:51 pm

saving private brian wrote:

clean mostly but pulled out of a few snags with it. not my first choice but have used a lot worse.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:15 pm

m.b3 wrote:
saving private brian wrote:

clean mostly but pulled out of a few snags with it. not my first choice but have used a lot worse.

i wonder what its like when you actually catch a fish ? :lol: