Zziplex or daiwa rods..

Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:21 am

Im thinking of buying a zziplex or daiwa tournament x which would be good for match fishing off beaches and can handle bites from small fish and also handle ray from ground thats not too rough a hst is on my mind it should also be able to blast 3 baits into the horision I have a century tip tornado sport something lighter would suit.

Can anyone help on prices and where to get a good deal.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:16 pm

Hi Neilus
You should have asked for a cast with my HST when we were over fishing with you m8. The lads had a good choice of rods you could have tried.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:37 pm

the tournament would be a good choice though they are pretty pricey are they not? what about the tip tornado super match?its a crackin rod, nice match tip but more power than the sport in the butt.great all rounder.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:12 pm

what hst there are two that i know the dymic hst and the primo hst both are very powerful rods and are used for tournament casting i used to have the old blue one and boy does it have some power.i have a daiwa tournament x 14ft 2" plus reducer and it is very stiff and has a great tip on it but the 13ft 4" one is suppoed to be slightley softer.hope this helps.