Looking for a good headlamp...

Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:24 pm

Lads

Maybe some of you could give me a few hints/tips on some good bright headlamps as that's what I have asked herself for and within a decent price range....

Regards
Dave

Re: Looking for a good headlamp...

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:58 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33434&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=Looking+for+a+good+headlamp

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:38 am

anything from the speleo range they can be expensive but definitely worth the money they are most reliable lamps on the market in my opinion they last years and won't let you down I use the super nova a great lamp super bright

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:05 am

Cree LED Head lamp:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/160641487157?ssP ... 1423.l2649
or
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/330560544467?ssP ... 1423.l2649

Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Speleo are very good headlamps indeed but unfortunately no longer in business.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:19 pm

really ?? When did they shut down I only bought my super nova off them last spring

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Recently got a Lenser H7R, excellent output of light and very powerful spot if required, rechargeable batteries too. Nice and light good batt time and great flood to spot.

Approx 50-60 eur

Faultless!!!

Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:31 pm

Have the Lenser. H7 like KStaff but its not the rechargeable one. Bought some high capacity AAA batteries for it and can get a full session from it on full power. Would recommend this light, small, compact and powerful and takes up very little space in the box.

Have used it in all weathers and hasn't let me down.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:32 pm

EricH wrote:Have the Lenser. H7 like KStaff but its not the rechargeable one. Bought some high capacity AAA batteries for it and can get a full session from it on full power. Would recommend this light, small, compact and powerful and takes up very little space in the box.

Have used it in all weathers and hasn't let me down.

Exactly what this man says!!!

Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:45 pm

The Petzl TIKKA headlamps are excellent. It has a couple of light settings depending how much light you need! I use mine for fishing and hiking and its never let me down. It even has a red beam that wont screw up your night vision when bating up in the dark. Its about fifty euro in outdoor shops. :D

Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:29 pm

From what i can gather speleo closed its business this june/july.A real pity :cry:

Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:43 pm

ask fishface if hes selling his that the brightest i have seen but the creed lamps on ebay give a very good output aswell and are only about 12/15 euro with postage

Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Has anyone tried the 1600lm Cree one on eBay.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Forget it. Buy a proper lamp.
I have the led lenser 14r 210 lumens, wouldn't give it away. For that much light you have to connect it to a car battery, otherwise is just a joke. Friend of mine bought a lamp on ebay, 14 euro for 500 lumens, not even half so bright like my lamp. Quality, power has its price, take your hand away from cheap bullsht...

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:22 am

no its not for sale, what would i replace it with?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:58 am

fishface wrote:no its not for sale, what would i replace it with?

mmmm you could rent it out for the winter :!: because it looks like you wont be using it :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:23 am

Myself n the nephew have TigaSLs (The one with the battery pack), I personally love mine, it was weird getting used to a strong "warm" light, but now I wouldn't be without it. Plus blinding Bingham is always fun.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:23 am

depends what u need it for...
for lighting half the place up i use a speleo night raider but mostly use a petzl myo xp, and have just got a cree of fleabay for backup

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:15 am

Love my lenser H7R

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:06 pm

i got a Lenser H7 and can't fault them at all....brilliant light out of 3 aaa batteries and will last a good session if not on full beam the whole time...plus the are nice and small and take up little room in the box