Reels bought not turned up yet?

Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:08 pm

Hi y'all :D

Bought some reels from Tor* Angling in the UK - ad in TSF. Wife has tidied so I can't find it and I need to call them to chase my order - it's been 10 days. The ad was at least two pages and it was blue I think. Any ideas?

Is this usual to wait this long from UK? My brother had a delivery from USA in 3 days.

Morgan.

Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:04 pm

torbay angling 01803 552 496 i buy from them as well but have had no problem with delivery.give them a ring i am sure they will sort it out.

Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:33 pm

What reels did you order, they are my local shop I could nip in and see if they have them in stock and let you know the situation.

I know that they have been having to wait a long time for shimano orders to turn up recently.

Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:38 am

yeah - a 6500 and a shimano fixed spool - I'll call them 2moro

Thanks guys.

Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:35 pm

6500 what ?

I was after shimano 6500 baitrunner and they said they wouldn't be getting anymore until November and that due to shimano messing with the prices they will be £117 when they are next in rather than £95 that they have always sold them at, and it's not just them telling stories it's true unfortunately. Shimano are getting rid of discounts that they gave shops for putting big orders in so that little shops can compete.........THAT'S THEIR STORY ANY WAY :roll:

A couple of shops have told me that shimano are not sending their orders out until after the prices go up. Nice.

So I rang Leslies of luton and got the reel for £90.99

Which shimano fixed spool by the way.

God I am a little ray of Sunshine aren't I.

Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:37 pm

Zeitmeister here, that post above is me I just forgot to log in.....pillock

Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:52 pm

Hi,

It was an ABU 6500 and a Shimano fixed spool - cant remember the model cos I asked for some advice on which model I should pick. However spoke to a nice man on Saturday who assured me that they were posted and unfortunately could not confirm where they were but I would be called on Monday. It's Monday, its ten to 5 so I put in a call, chap that was in Saturday not in today......however I'm assured I will receive a call in a few minutes......

Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:32 pm

No call back and when I called at 17:31 I got the "we are closed at 17:30" message - shame their efficiency in closing their shop is not matched by their customer service........

Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:00 pm

I must admit I don't normally look at the multipiers so I don't know what was in the cabinat.

It will be a couple of days at lease before I am in there again ............bloody slipped disk.

What you have to remember is that this is Devon and down here they are so workshy it is shocking, no jobs ever get done on time and all the shops have signs outside saying open til 5.30 six days a week........half of them are locked up and lights off by 3.30................they always remember to cash the cheques immediately though :roll:

Unfortunatley the worst offenders are the post office......they close for half day on wednesday : officially 8.00 am to 1.00pm ....real world open just after 9am closed again by 10am :evil:

Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:25 pm

Sounds like Ireland on Steroids :D :D :D

It has taken me months to get used to the "closed for lunch" syndrome....when do most people get to do their personal business....at :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: lunchtime

Aaaaaargh!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: into the sunset

Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:40 am

You not born and bred there then?

I will have a look for the reel when I am going there next , just make it idiotproof for me as a dyed in the wool fixed spool type what colour is the abu 6500.

Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:10 am

The saga continues....called up Matt....he had passed it on to his Manager who should have called me back. They have checked with TNT who say it got to Ireland 3 days ago. I should imagine walking from Torbay I would have made better progress. TNT cannot check it as it is with its partner in Ireland who are not traceable.....moral of the story - buy from America I think. Much faster courier service at no extra cost.

Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:29 pm

Finally got to the bottom of all of it and thanks to the guys at Torbay - I will be back!

The dimwits in Parcelforce got a parcel all the way to Ireland but when it got here it was passed to a 3rd party delivery company. Cos someone at Torbay spelt Co. Wexford "Co. Weeksford" the third party company classed it as an incomplete address! Even Mr. Bean could have worked that one out. Parcelforce could not reverse the package so it's on its way back to Torbay!

In the meantime TA will send out a replacement and put the offender back into stock :D :D :D

ZM thanks for your offer of assistance and if you drop in say thanks to Matt.

WooHoo!!

Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:52 pm

It's hard to believe that this is the country that invented the modern postal system isn't it :shock:

I work at home so all my work goes out via the post office and you basically just send the stuff out on special delivery and pray for a miracle.

BTW if you ever have enter into correspondence with parcelforce don't forget to address the letter of complaint to PARCELFARCE.........they always like that one.

Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:05 pm

qf,

So where does TNT fit into the story?

Far to many shops take customers money telling them the item is in stock and hope they can hold off until they have a delivery, the credit card companies frown on it, they are the best people to complain to if your goods dont turn up in a given period of time.

So how long have you waited for your reel now? if you dont mind me asking.

Tom.

Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:25 pm

I've been waiting since Sept 13th 2005 (thought I'd mention the year for clarity. :D

TNT enter the story as that is who they told me was carrying it before I started investigating. Possible error insofar as maybe they use TNT for UK deliveries but ParcelfArce (credit to Zeitmeister) for EU.

Either way a bit crap but once I got on the case things were dealt with efficiently by TA.

Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:20 pm

I'm a happy bunny - all my gear turned up a few days ago....now I've got all the gear I've got to work out how to use it!

Top marks to Torbay Angling, although they were a bit disorganised at first, as soon as they knew there was a problem they were onto it straight away and despatched a new set of kit whilst they awaited for my original package to return.

Thanks to all for your id of the shop to the offers of going in to thump em :D on my behalf.