FOR SALE

Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:34 am

For Sale:

Having a bit of a clearout so have the following bits and pieces for sale:

BASS ROD:

11'8" Leeda Riptide Pro Bass rod
Casting weight 2-4oz
Rung for FS or multiplier
Designed by Mike Thrussell specifically for bassing (according to Leeda website bumph) and has split eva grip handle and sensitive tip.

Used once - 75 €

SWFF REEL

Okuma Integrity large arbour fly reel
Size 7/9
Aluminium construction

reel is 40 sterling new - this one is well used and cosmetically scratched but cleaned, greased and working perfectly. Tough as nails and perfect for any medium-duty salt or freshwater fly action.

Includes three spare spools (20 sterling each to buy new) and will also throw in an eight-weight Hardy floating saltwater line (light blue in colour with clear tip) and some new and unused saltwater flies - poppers, deceivers, two or three of each.

Line is wound onto one of the spools with backing and is new and unused.

50 €

TRIPOD

also for sale a standard two-rod aluminium beach tripod, think it's an Ian Golds model but is not the one with telescopic legs. Used once.

25 €

NET

Large folding net with telescopic handle - unused.

10 €

open to any sensible offers for the lot

all of the gear is perfect - I'm just not really fishing anymore and would prefer to see somebody use the stuff rather than having it sitting under my stairs annoying my other half.

I'm in cork city but am in Dublin/Wicklow area every so often and also willing to travel to deliver if necessary. PM me here if you're interested.

Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:18 pm

Ohhh, I'm really tempted by the rod. I shouldn't, I mustn't, I've got too much gear but I don't have a bass rod................

for sale

Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:45 pm

go on, you know you want to... :D

Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:56 pm

that net really is looking very attractive

Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:19 am

yes, fishnets can be quite attractive!

Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:20 am

check your pm's rocky

Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:41 am

Rocky,

I'd be interested in the fly reel if selling seperately (And if not allready sold).

for sale

Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:09 pm

hi lads, thanks for the interest

reel is gone (sorry Adrian), tripod and net are pretty much gone, rod is still going for a song.

conor

Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:52 pm

Go on Gerry-you know it makes sense!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:49 pm

Problem being, I'm in Donegal and the rod is in Cork!

Mind you, I do have a sister living down there near Macroom..... how far did you say you'd deliver?

And listen, if Mrs Tanglerat asks, it's a gift/freebie/giveaway, ok?

for sale

Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:17 am

Hi Tanglerat,

I'd bring it to Macroom no worries, or if you like your sister could meet me halfway in Dripsey or somewhere, it's only up the road.

and if mrs Tanglerat asks, you won it off me in a game of darts

Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:34 pm

Coolio, looks like I'm gonna get me a bass rod at last! :D

Can you pm me your number, we'll chat about payment etc

Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:54 pm

Is the tripod still around?????

for sale

Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:25 pm

yes but it's promised to m.b3

Mark you still want it? That's no probs but at this stage it'll be end November by the time i'm in Dublin - (sorry about that - every weekend lately seems to be tied up and I'm going to the states for a couple of weeks in Nov.)

Headshakes is in Cork so it'd be handy for him - but if Mark has his heart set on it and doesn't mind waiting then it's his.

tis all the one to me, your call Mark.

any success with that reel headshakes?

Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:04 pm

ya, the reel is the shiznit. Caught a few lovely bass around Guileen and Crosshaven on her.

Still need a tripod for bombing the big lead when the fly's not an option. If the other fella doesn't want it, i'll take it.

Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:24 pm

And that rod will be mine come Christmas, when I visit my sister and get my "prezzie".........

heh heh heh :D