Daiwa tournament mono fluo yellow

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:16 pm

Just bought some of this line, I really should ask before I buy! but anyway, does anyone use this line, and how good is it? Ive got the 20lb breaking strain.

[url]http://www.harrisangling.co.uk/photo.asp?prodid=13153[/url]

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:46 pm

never used the 20lb in it, i normally use the 18lb in it for my mixed ground fishing, very bgood casting line with good abrasive strength, bit on the expensive side though.i would like it better if they brought it out in clear.daiwa sensor i think is every bit as good for a fixed spool reel and a lot cheaper!

Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:02 pm

I use the 15lb on my penn super mags for beach fishing. and the 30lb on my SL03H for rough ground. I,ve tried other makes ,but always go back to the daiwa. As BigPhil said ..good casting line and good abrasive strength

b0ogaloo

Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:17 pm

just when i remember, last year myself and a mate in the club were fishing congers from the shore at portrush,he was using daiwa tournament in 25lb straight through, every time he hooked a fish(or the bottom)!the line gave way, i had a spool of cheap 25lb in the box which he filled his sl30 with and then proceeded to bring in more conger than me and pull free of every snag without breaking! now i use it on all my rough ground reels - Fladen stark - virtually unbreakable in 25 and 30lb, ....and half the price of daiwa tournament!

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:49 pm

I use the Daiwa tournament in 15lb breaking strain for my small casting reels that I use for clean ground. As the guys said, casts well and lasts a long time compared to cheap lines. The only thing is that I don't use it for rough/snaggy ground as I have a habit of changing line on these reels on a fairly regular basis and to be honest - it would cost a fortune!

Have any of you tried Red Ice? I use it and find it is a very good line and a 1/2 kilo spool of it only costs £20 - bargain!

Lee.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:15 pm

the only ultima line that ive used and had any faith in was Distance 15 and 18lb

Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:36 pm

Did you have problems with the Red Ice?

I had problems with Shaky Specimen Sea in 18lbs, when it snagged it usually broke nowhere near the leader knot. This happend when using line from different spools and even different colours. Having said that, I have never had that problem with their 15lb line.

Anyone else had this problem?

Lee

Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:09 pm

the only problem with red ice is it tends to lift of the spool while casting until it gets well bedded in .my advice for red ice would be to give it about 10-12 casts make sure it is well wet and bedded in,other wise you are in for a lot of birds nests.but that apart good abrasive line well worth using.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:59 pm

penn sovereign is good in 20lb. casts well after a few practice casts. really wirey and stands up too rough ground really well. simple leader knots hold solid too. i have absolute faith in this stuff, moreso than 25lb. lines from other brands. on the downside it is very expensive but trust me u will get months out of it.

rhino line in 20lb. is fantastic stuff. again a little pricey but it will keep up with 15lb. lines when it comes to casting due to its thinner than average breaking strain.

i used too use diawa tournament a lot. over priced and we didn't get on very well!

Daiwa tournament mono fluo yellow

Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:13 pm

This is still a great line and has the great advantage that it shows uo well at night by torchlight. It has long been a favourite of beach anglers who would pay that little bit extra for a good supple abrasion resistant line. I think it was being phased out and replaced with duo infinity line. The deal Harris/Sportsmail are pricing this line make it a very attractive proposition.