Conoflex Nemesis Zeloso

Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:53 am

Thinking of buying one secondhand for my rough ground work, Anyone got one or ever had one? how do you rate them?

Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:19 am

Only ever casted one and they are seriously stiff :shock: , a little bit in the same running as the Extreme but not any where near as heavy.

Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:59 am

I tried one as well found it stiff hard to bend while casting.

conoflex zeleso

Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:40 pm

very stiff rod takes alot to put a bend in it ,if i where you i would look at something less stiff,save yourself a hernia or severe back problems.why dont you look at the greys apollo mk2 lovely rod great bite detection and will handle the rough ground no problem.if i was looking a rough ground rod i would have no hesatation in going for one.

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:09 pm

took it out today for a chuck- powerhouse!i find it stiff but i could work it ok, but then ive been used to a highlander (fized spool) for years and can bend it fairly well. the weight and butt diameter is the main thing i have the problem with in the zeloso .

what are the differences in the mark 1 and mark 2 apollo's? its just ive heard one or two saying that the original is better?seen a mark 2 in action today and it looked nice though.

what about the nitra?looks nice but ive never seen one in action?

basically im looking an all out rough ground rod that will thump out half mackerel baits plus lead etc if required, light, good bite detection,not an out and poker.......and last but not least something that will not cost me too much! :shock:

all help and advise much appreciated!

conoflex zeleso

Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:37 pm

the apollo is in my opinion a super rod for rough ground with exellent bite detection and you wont end up with a hernia trying to cast it.i have had a chuck with the mk1 and i own a mk2 but i like the mk2 far better ,life time warrenty good bite detection and plenty of power for hauling.WHAT MORE CAN I SAY!!!!