zippy 4500hpm or 4500s? any info?

Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:15 am

anyone got one??!! does it make a good long range rod? 3 clipped baits + 5 or 6oz. leads?? will the tip sit up in a heavy sea/ strong tide?? can it handle trebbles of doggies and a little mixed ground?? is it a full carbon rod? any info. very much appreciated. thank you.

Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:59 pm

a mate has the 3500s, it has the poke to work with long range and handles the dogs without a problem. i'd imagine the 4500s is a bit pokier again?

Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:20 am

thanks Phil. hope to get to try one soon. buying a new blank is a nightmare!

Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:57 pm

good luck! if you check back through old sea angler mags if i recall julian shambrook did a review inside the last year or two on one of the rods i think in his 'best of british' section?think it may have been the 4500hpm or something like that?

Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:40 pm

ah yeah i have the review. quite a gud' un but still nice to see for yourself. whilst i would trust his judgement i just might not like it! it does sound like a good rod. i get the impression zippies tend to be on the soft side?

Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:16 pm

i've heard several people saying recently that theyve experienced their newest zzippys goin soft.my 3500 has certainly softened a bit but then its had quite a bit of use as i bought it when it first came out so it wouldnt be fair of me to run zzippys down myself.

zziplex4500hpm and 4500s

Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:10 pm

both very good rods with the s version being slightly stiffer than the hpm,both very good long distance fishing rods they should handle treble dogs no problem but i would go for the s version which is slightly stiffer than the hpm.hope this helps .