Gerry's of Morecambe

Fri May 06, 2005 4:45 pm

Had a nightmare experience with this lot. Ordered four items including 3 rods from them. It was 29 days before I received all my goods. First parcel came after 14 days, two rods....parcel tube in which they were in was open, amazingly rods not damaged. No coasters on one rod. No receit or nothing. Two other items missing.

Rang them up...seemingly a packaging error. Second package arrives on 22nd day, still no coasters.

27th day the coasters arrive. Spent a fortune on phonecalls at least 5 trying to sort the damn order out. Compared to Veals...well there isn't any

Pete

Fri May 06, 2005 5:39 pm

I use these quite alot and have never had any problems but I suppose there is always the chance with any mail order that problems can occur.I have had problems like this with the glasgow angling centre.

Fri May 06, 2005 5:49 pm

hi
had same problem with glasgow.used gerrys once found them great no problems

Fri May 06, 2005 7:25 pm

Harris Sportsmail - great bunch with a swift, well packaged delivery. No probs with Veals either.

Sun May 08, 2005 9:10 pm

That Glasgow angling centre is supposed to be a nightmare heard lots of bad reports on it. As bigcol said when ordering over the net theres always a chance of problems. I had a nightmare a while back ordering from veals and I've never heard a bad report about them. I suppose its just a chance you take.

Sun May 08, 2005 9:21 pm

Hmmmm...maybe just had a bit of bad luck with Gerrys. Its a real pain though that it's hard to get reasonably priced beach gear at home, would save with all the agro in having it shipped.

Still in my local tackle shop (Doherty's of Donegal Town)on Friday I picked up a half dozen Abu Terminator plugs for 3 euro a pop, he had them on offer so was well pleased. Think they normally go for around 6.

Pete

Mon May 09, 2005 11:46 am

Irish tackle shops cant go on much longer charging some of the extortionate prices i've seen. They must lose a ton of business to mail order companies. I know very few who make larger tackle purchases like rods and reels from tackle shops now.

Tue May 10, 2005 11:46 am

Got a rod and reel from gerrys. No problems it arrived 2 days later. The only thing that sickened me was the P&P which was 30 sterling

Tue May 10, 2005 2:58 pm

daven wrote:Got a rod and reel from gerrys. No problems it arrived 2 days later. The only thing that sickened me was the P&P which was 30 sterling

Sickening to think people in england get it without having to pay the horrible shipping costs. :evil:

Tue May 10, 2005 3:27 pm

That's the bones of 45 Euro! I got a fright the first time I bought on-line from the UK - never factored in VAT & P P - felt a bit of a git afterwards. Now I always send an email asking for the best all in price including P P. Oftentimes they will knock off the postage and give better prices than quoted on the website.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:40 pm

Pete,

Sorry to hear you had a problem with Gerry's, they are normally a good company, but as in all things your only as good as your last happy customer.

Did you ask to speak to Gerry personally, if you had done and told him where you were, I know he would have either gave you something in compensation or tried to hurry things up.

I know for sure he is one shop owner who really does care about his customers. if you ever order again ask for him, tell him the problems you had the last time you bought from him, trust me you wont be talking to deaf ears.

Good Luck.
Tom.