ABU 6500 Sports Mag gear conversion

Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:45 am

I bought a new gear set for my sports mag that gears up the standard 6500 retrieve from 5.3:1 to 6.3:1. The install is a bit fiddly, but as long as you have a clean table and lay out the componenets as you take them off, the conversion is simple enough. I did it because there was such a difference bringing in a rig, with or without a fish, from distance on my 525 Mag compared to the 6500 Sports Mag.

Bought it off e-bay.

[img]http://i18.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/82/52/2a_1_b.JPG[/img]

Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:04 am

for a change!!!........just how much of your tackle, and worldly possessions have you bought off ebay at this stage ian?.....ah i'm just jealous coz i can't access it

Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:33 am

Too much! And don't tell my wife!!!!!!

e bay

Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:50 pm

Have all your experiences been positive Ian?
Kev

Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:58 pm

With e-bay.......yes. Even buying from the States.

ebay

Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:27 pm

no i'd say he meant all your experiences in general Ian.... :D

have to add I've got some great bargains off ebay as well and never had a problem - currently buying lots of bike bits after getting enough fishing gear to start a tackle shop and having to really call a halt to it. Golden rule I'd say is pay attention to seller's feedback and just don't deal with people who appear to be unreliable or who are hard to communicate with.

Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:19 pm

Agree with that. I always look at their feedback and what people have bought off them. If there is recent negative feedback with no defence, I would stay away. If you're buying a reel though, it can just be a one off with no previous sales feedback, so you do have to chance it sometimes. There is always a channel to take through e-bay if this happens though.