Sufix Tritanium

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:02 pm

been using this for the last few months now as standard casting line of 15lb. all i can say as is 'liquid silk'. line lay is exceptional. for this reason alone i was more than happy enough with it. have pulled for breaks with this stuff expecting to loose the lot and have gotten free numerous times. whilst i am not recommending it for rough ground i have pulled 4/0 varivas big mouths out of rocks with it, flattening the hook piont. impressive. strongly recommended. around 14 euro for over 1000 metres i think.

line

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:12 pm

hi m.b3
where did you buy it?sounds really good 3 spolls re fills or so no bad

Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:27 pm

i found one very worrying problem with the stuff, it seems to break down quickly, very quickly!! i have had to change the line twice within two months due to the line breaking far too easily at the knot. when i first started using it, it was perfect, knot strength was spot on, but within a couple of weeks i found the line was snapping in my hands, particularly at the knot with the shock leader. i can't figure out what the problem is, i agree it's like silk, it sits beautifully on the multiplier, but i find it very worrying that it seem to break down so quickly. it has me stumped!

Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:30 pm

good of you to say Frodo. i have to say i haven't had this problem with it? i remember pulling for a break on a spool with 'old' line on it and the 15lb. amnesia snoods broke! all two of 'em! i found the other lines i've used decompose quicker. at the end of the day it's important to use what works for you as it keeps the confidence high. i admire your honesty though.

Damien i got it from Henry's Tackle. got to get some more soon- hope he still has some!

Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:56 am

Have you tried that other place in Fairview, Mark?

shop

Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:59 am

hi wes.
where is that shop?mite hesd down at the weekend

Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:54 pm

Apparently, its just beside the metal footbridge, Damien.
Dont know if I can get out this weekend, but if I do, I'm going to pop down and have a look. Either way, let me know what you think of it.

Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:59 pm

It's only a small shop, but their prices seem reasonable enough. Don't buy their frozen mackerel though - it falls to bits! It's next to the coffee shop and bike shop.

shop

Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:01 pm

hi wes will let you know.ah i get you now id near the javaholics :D coffee shop ok thanks lads

Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:51 pm

Yeah. we got a discount card valid for the year. i have to say it is handy and if open 7 days a week then that's great. frozen mackeral was rubbish.

Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:02 am

well,

i think trilene is a much better line, its much stronger and durable.used tritanium and didnt like it.

Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:38 pm

the sufix is only 12.50 for 1100 metres. triline is great, but i prefer sufix for casting.

line

Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:56 pm

1100 shuld do me not very long at the baily :D :D :D