Titanex smock and 6500ct sportsmag

Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:08 pm

Got a titanex smock from gerries of morcambe.I have worn it twice.Once in Fenit and once on Inch.All I can say is mmmmmmmmmmm.Cosy.It is very lightweight and very warm.Highly recommended.
The 6500 sports mag is a dream to cast.I also have a 525 slidy so it was good to compare them.I think the 6500 is easier to cast from a claen beach but it seems light compared to the slidy.While I will still use the slidy on the beach I will mainly use the 6500 from now on but the 525 still rules from the rocks and over rough ground.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:13 am

Hi bigcol,
Is yours the waterproof smock or the cotton one?
I have the cotton type and also found it to be very warm and windproof.
Good quality gear.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:18 pm

The waterproof one.I agree.Very good quality.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:39 pm

ìv thrown 2 of the titan smocks in the bin, their a waste of time, better of adding on a few €s and buying something of quality, anything from the Gill offshore range..

Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:21 am

hey

the older version of the titan smock was much better. the newer ones are crap.the new imax gear looks good the bib n brace is well made and so is the smock

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:52 pm

The older Titan waterproof jackets had taped seams everywhere, and they were made from a gortex fabric that was not just waterproof but water repellant too, makes a big difference.

This name Titantex is a load of crap, its a name the new owner gave the fabric he uses, ask anyone what had the older version and they say exactly the same.

Tom.

smocks

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:19 am

On the point off the cotton smocks yes the old ones are better ordered and used the new one and sent it back.

Got a tip from mate the army blue mountain smock is much better same thing over head cotton smock with big pocket in the front and hood very warm and shower to middle rain proof. Dont feel the wind at all great for chilly nights.

Used in british,irish and swedish army got my one 4 pound on ebay. looked under mountain and hill walking. did a search for smock and got one and it is perfect and will last non fading. stick a few patches on it and its the job.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:31 pm

I've found Tian gear to be very hit and miss. I have the storm jacket and the bib and brace. They are about 4 years old. The bib and brace are as waterproof as the day they were bought but the jacket leaks like a tea bag.

Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:39 pm

anyone tried the anyfish anywhere jackets, i have heard they are the dogs doo daas but don't know anyone who owns one. supposed to be lightweight and 100% waterproof. the imax are lightweight but are definately not 100% waterproof they would be lucky to be showerproof. i know a lot of people who own the imax and they would not reccomend them to anyone. with the anyfish anywhere jackets being light in construction aswell i was wondering if they would suffer in the rain like the imax.
anyone know?

Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm

must say just got my titnex smock via mail order highly pleased with it