Nemisis Plus

Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:17 pm

Hi,

Does anybody own a Conofle nemisis plus slr 2002. What fishing is it suited to. Is it overly stiff.

Thanks, ViperSD

conoflex

Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:54 pm

what type of fishing are you wanting to do with it? i have a premier and it would be stiffer than it and i use it for rock fishing . i think the plus is best suited to clean to mixed ground i woulded like to fish with it on the rocks and though kelp.

Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:24 pm

I fish clean and mixed beaches but i wanted a rod to pull through weed when it is weedy. My current rod a Viper Evo1 is sometimes too soft in these conditions.

Thanks,
ViperSD

conoflex

Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:02 pm

the plus in my eyes is soft in the tip but would be stiff in the butt . Can you go and see one anywhere? where do you live? i think the plus would be a simlar action to you penn.

Conoflex Nemesis Plus SLR 2002

Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:10 pm

Hi ViperSD,
The Conoflex Nemesis range was Conoflex's attempt to copy the Zziplex Quattra family. Rod for rod the Conoflex's were more stealier than the Zziplex's. The standard Nemesis was an all round beachcaster in the 4 to 6oz range and could mixed it up in snaggy ground if needed. The Plus version was a 6 to 8oz rod designed to fish in the rough. It had a stiffer tip and mid section to cope with more stunted casting styles used from restricted venues like rock marks. It does excel at pendulum styles when needed but it can be used to good effect with an overhead thump.

The Nemesis SLR range are updated versions of the originals but using newer materials and slightly reworked internal tapers to smooth the rods casting actions out. The SLR's are lighter, thinner and flex more than the originals but are still aimed at the same markets. The Plus is still a heavy ground rod and many use it to fish over bad ground and into kelp.

Harry McKee in Bangor sells Conoflex and had the SLR range in not so long ago, including the SLR Plus.

I hope this helps

Great rod.

Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:10 pm

I use the conoflex nemises plus slr 2002 and find it great for the rough stuff and you can get a great cast using over head thump as said earlier its a great rod in the shannon estuary for the big fish and holds well in the tide.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:50 pm

Hi Warjoe
I have just got hold of a Nemesis Premier, which I am rebuiling at the moment.

How much do you know about them? They are suppose to be a stepped up model to the SLR2002 Plus, for big baits,weights etc.

Do you use it for pendulum casting and for fishing the very rough ground.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:05 pm

anyone know where i might obtain an SLR blank? all i have found are factory finished. greatly appreciate it if anyone has any info. starting to get fed up looking.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:35 pm

m.b3, give Conoflex an email or better still phone them.
Have a look at http://www.conoflex.co.uk for contact details.
Hope this helps you.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:03 pm

great Wayne thanks. i have been looking at the conoflex website alright. summerland's tackle do a few blanks aswell. i suppose i just need a contact number/ email adress. must have a look again. thanks.