darkside

Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:06 pm

Fished in and around the harbour. Floated feathers got eight mackerel and the feckin weed got two traces. I fished from the end of the harbour wall on the concrete cubes. I was trying to rescue a rig from weed at the waters edge, which was only a few feet from my fishing position, when I looked 'round a bloody big rat was stealing my bait mackerel!! The harbour walls are heaving with them.

Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:14 pm

that's a horrible story darkside!

Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:30 pm

I know the rats take a mackerel bait but does anybody know what size of hook to use? :twisted:

Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:33 pm

bring a peelet gun with you darkside it works a treat.

Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:50 pm

U Fishing Bangor Darkside??

Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:07 pm

Yup now and then K2. Back to fishing after a couple of years break. Do you know of any good marks around the penninsula?

Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:14 pm

The 'Dee, I fish it like heck during the Winter, Covered in Macky Bashers in summer though. I know you get Flounder at Ballyholme, and apparantly Helens bay rocks are fishing.... But I dont know what for... U getting anything Bar Pollack and Macky off Bangor???

Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:18 pm

I saw a few tiny wrasse reeled in, apart from that it seemed to be mackerel all the way

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:40 am

Ack well, its all fun.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:17 pm

try fishing platform for conger ,some to 20lb around at min poss bigger.plenty of good wrasse of breakwater on pickie pool up to 3lb best to fish at end casting around concrete dolphins and pile legs small hard back crabs and ragworm for bait use float se to fish just above weed ,good conger here to .
Helens bay is brilliant for mackrel at this time of year ,good craic on light gear and theres a fair number of sea trout around ,fish at greys point to left of beach under second ww2 lookout post (white buildings above rocks)