newcastle harbour

Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:13 pm

Fished the tide on the turn from 7.00 - 10.00 pm. Only fish about were small flatties taking squid bait. Any where else in south Down for a bit of variety and /or better fish?

newcastle has good spots

Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:23 pm

Used to be a good mark around coast out of town I think called Magies Leap.

Drive (walk) to end of town towards mountain end that is. And go out coastal road untill you get to a public toilet there is a path behind it along a walk way you will be at rocks now. If you have 2 rods cast 1 out as far as u can and float other close in to rocks. Use ragworm and rasse and codling used to be great there. Weads close in so float with other try a grip wait if still clear ok if not plain wait to help out with weeds. Had loads there mate. Now the dad bit sorry. Did not read profile so dont know age but no matter what age take mobile it is rocky and some good waves about there. If young will day time only dark road and not safe near hit myself once.
Otherwise give it a go hope you know were i mean let me know

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:46 pm

any of you guys fished around the kilkeel area? If so where abouts and what type of fish can I expect to find?

Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:07 am

the spot your talking about is called the bloody bridge about 3 mile south of newcastle lots of small cod this year

newcastle

Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:18 am

How is it fishing around there and any marks of note.