Fenit Pier July 17th

Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:03 pm

Bit dissappointed in this place having heard so much about it. Tried off the very end of the pier and at the viaduct itself but was plagued by weed. Made fishing very difficult. Headed home early and gave my crab to some other lads fishing. Another fella spinning was getting an odd mackerel.

Pete

Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:30 pm

Pete,I know it's a bit late but during the summer the pier is best fished late evening or night.The local opinion is that all the traffic over the bridge affects the fishing somehow.I was talking to Colm in landers tackle shop today and he informed me that one of the lads in tralee sac fished it 3 nights ago to 3am and caught doggies, 2 sting ray to 15lbs and 5 thornies. Not to bad.

Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:46 pm

Bigcol,
Wow thats fine fishing, I've never even seen a stingray. Night time must be better, mental note for next time! I was really hoping for a ray but when I fished it there was tons of fine weed about. Each cast and I had about 3 pounds of the stuff on the trace.

It was good to see a sign on the wall asking anglers to return fish not wanted for eating, far as I remember it was Tralee Bay SAC whose name was on it. Good to see that kind of conservation ethos displayed.

Pete