Donegal

Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:10 pm

This is more of a request for report a than a report!

I have a bit of time off work now for a while and would like to do a lot of shore fishing from Donegal.

Does anyone know of anywhere that would be suitable for a relative novice like myself?

I was at Portnablagh last Sunday and only managed a few mackerel on hokkai rigs.

Where are the pollack!?!?!?! :twisted:

Cheers.

Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:37 pm

head down to the friary if you fancy spinning sandeel for sea trout. it's signposted on the road to port na blagh from letterkenny

Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:52 pm

you might also want to try St Johns Point. see Donegal shore fishing marks on this site.

Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:03 pm

Yeah I know St Johns like the back of my hand. I'll be down there quite a bit.

Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:04 pm

Hi
a lot of the pollock are been netted at present.Like what was recommended St Johns Point is about the best for spinning with a jelly worm usually a fire tail.

Dingbat

Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:50 pm

Errr, they're just around the corner............. :D

If you can get access to the shore between PortNaBlagh around Breahy Head to Marblehill, that's where you'll find them. Wouldn't surprise me a bit either if Ballan are lurking there.

However, having said that:

Be extremely careful! Mind your step, don't go alone, have mobile phones with you, travel light. Possibly the only reason nobody's been lost at sea there is because access is so difficult nobody fishes it.

I just fished it off a boat, myself........... 8)