swilly rays

Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:30 am

After the last ray hunt ending in a doggie fest I wanted to hit my low water mark so after work I got a few hours kip and I didn't sleep in this time. Bounced out of bed at 10pm and loaded the car, hit the mark and found a gate closing off the access, so a long walk was needed which wasn't too bad as I was a bit early. Anyway I managed to get the first bait in the water for 10.50pm and had my first ray 10 minutes later, success on the ray hunt not big about 4lb but I had beaten the blank. the bites came quite regularly with me landing a few doggies and a nice ray of 6lb. The weather was nice with clouds covering the moon and not a breath of air to ruffle the glass like surface of the sea, so I didn't mind at low water that the fishing dried up. Once the tide picked up the bites came back with another 2 doggies and a few more rays, I ended up with 6 rays and 5 doggies, not bad for 4 hours fishing. I called it quits around 3am as the tide was being to really push though and the weed had started to show. Got home and did my usual cleaning and putting gear away routine and headed to bed for a few hours sleep with a smile on my face knowing I had finally beaten the ray hunt, now to try and get a double figure one. Until next time tight lines.

Re: swilly rays

Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:35 am

Very Nice MC 8)
Nicely done

Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:37 pm

Great fishing. Any photos of the rays?

Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:12 pm

20220615_001117.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:13 am

Class man! Beautiful fish