Merry-Go-Round Weed Wonderland

Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:13 pm

Met a mate on Saturday evening as both of us were keen to get out and wet a line. The east (Antrim) coast was the only place that offered shelter out of the fierce west winds. My mate had 4 nice wee flounder, I didn't :roll: But all was good, it was a really nice and enjoyable evening watching the world go by and chatting to a few other anglers..
We planned to meet again last night on a different beach this time, a few miles around the coast, to see if it was any way more productive. He texted me last minute and cancelled :roll: :evil:
I battled on and arrived at the mark only to find the wind howling up the beach, there was more northerly in it than anticipated and so I had to consider my options. I drove to another (rock) mark just around the coast where I found shelter, on now a lovely evening. I cast out 2 rods and kicked back, content.
But both lines came back caked in that gooey, sticky, brown seaweed cr*p. Every hook, knot and weight was slabbered in it. I tried all distances and directions but there was no escape :roll: :cry:
Refusing to be beat I upped sticks again and headed to a 3rd mark, a mark in the same bay but maybe a mile away. The weed was there too. The whole bay was full of it! Nightmare.
I filled a bucket of sh1te left by other anglers :evil: and headed home...
And you thought that you were having a bad day.. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Merry-Go-Round Weed Wonderland

Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:15 pm

fished Antrim coast last week and the same weed was there in force, fair play on tiding up after the so called anglers

Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:34 pm

Don’t mind the weed so much there’s not a lot you can do about it but the rubbish left behind by people really pisses me off.These will be the same lads giving out theirs no fish to be caught. :x

Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:31 pm

Fair play on the good fight chuck - and it can be hard to motivate yourself to clean up somone elses mess - so well done there chief