Killiney

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:22 am

Was planning to head to a Wicklow beach after work last night but last minute decided I was too tired and opted for somewhere closer to home and handy access, so Killiney it was.
Baits were Crab, lug and rag, weather was very mild, little or no wind and a nearly flat clam sea. Got fishing at 7ish, just around low water.
First cast resulted in a snag and lost gear, moved 50 yards and found a bit of cleaner ground, lost no more gear that night.
Straight away Whiting were on to the rag baits, nearly every cast with rag resulted in a fish, a lot of the whiting were over 20cms, best was around 26cms. Got 1 codling of 37cms on a crab/lug combo, at least he gave the rod a good rattle, missed 1 really good bite. Hit the road around half 10, fish were still biting but I was knackered. Nice night to be out, rod tips kept tapping away and was happy to see the codlings making an appearance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Killiney

Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:54 pm

Fantastic to see a few codling around. Fair play

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:26 am

Greendag wrote:Was planning to head to a Wicklow beach after work last night but last minute decided I was too tired and opted for somewhere closer to home and handy access, so Killiney it was.
Baits were Crab, lug and rag, weather was very mild, little or no wind and a nearly flat clam sea. Got fishing at 7ish, just around low water.
First cast resulted in a snag and lost gear, moved 50 yards and found a bit of cleaner ground, lost no more gear that night.
Straight away Whiting were on to the rag baits, nearly every cast with rag resulted in a fish, a lot of the whiting were over 20cms, best was around 26cms. Got 1 codling of 37cms on a crab/lug combo, at least he gave the rod a good rattle, missed 1 really good bite. Hit the road around half 10, fish were still biting but I was knackered. Nice night to be out, rod tips kept tapping away and was happy to see the codlings making an appearance

Great stuff man, nice to see codling starting to show.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:41 pm

Fair play great to hear an east coast report with a few fish

Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:08 am

Great news.
How far out were they?

Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:02 pm

wes77 wrote:Great news.
How far out were they?

80 yards maybe