Gilthead Bream Cullinstown

Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:37 am

Low tide 5.30 to high tide around 12
light southerlies
sunrise around 7am
warm
After an almost blanking session on Rostoonstown a few days before had brought my ragworm home. Had been looking at an early rising tide to use up the bait and have really wanted to try for a gilthead bream all summer so saw a tide in Cullinstown and a plan was hatched, made up some running ledger rigs the day before. Up at 6.15 for a coffee breakfast and arrived at the beach at 8am. The beach looked amazing, i was surprized the tide was in so far so quickly headed for my spot and set up. I used two rods with up and over running ledger rigs and had a baited up trace ready when i brought in each rig to change. I was happy to see that crab activity was zero as the baits were coming in not touched. By 9.30 i got some powerful bites on both rods but the hooks didnt connect. At 10.00 again both rods started jumping and i grabbed one and into a fish. I was happy to say it felt good with runs taking drag. As i got it closer i got a flash of it and saw it was a gilthead and my heart started racing !! After a few minutes it was landed. Quick photo and back at it, fished up to high and two hours on the drop but that was it, no more fish. They appeared to come in two waves and they didnt hang around. Weighed the fish and it went 3.2lbs. Well the drive home i was buzzing all the way, a very enjoyable session
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Gilthead Bream Cullinstown

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:04 am

Cracking fish man fair play!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:11 am

cheers man

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:28 am

Fantastic fish, great report!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:02 am

Thanks Dave