North Dublin bass

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:02 am

Nice little bass this morning on a sandeel imitation fly ,beautiful morning for it Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: North Dublin bass

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:05 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:21 am

Excellent fishing Eoghan !!

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:36 am

I was seriously contemplating ringing in to work for a day off ,I’d say I’d have got s few more ,if I was spinning I’d have got a good few ,they were hungry this morning great to see them chase the fry to the surface

Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:03 am

Eoghan, what is your setup for SWFF, I would love to give it a go sometime

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:09 pm

Nice fish and pics.
Is that a pike fly your using ?

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:24 pm

No I tie all my own flies it’s just a sandeel looking thing ,they don’t need to be too complicated.the set up I use is a 10ft 9 weight rod ,Shakespeare atlantis. 9 wf lines a floater a fast intermediate and a slow intermediate depending on the depth I’m fishing

Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:35 pm

eoghanb wrote:No I tie all my own flies it’s just a sandeel looking thing ,they don’t need to be too complicated.the set up I use is a 10ft 9 weight rod ,Shakespeare atlantis. 9 wf lines a floater a fast intermediate and a slow intermediate depending on the depth I’m fishing

A 9 weight is pretty hefty, but I guess you need it in windy conditions etc. Is it tough going throwing a 9 weight line all day ?

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:44 pm

With the shooting head it’s not too bad and I use a stripping basket

Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:39 am

Are there rods and reels made specifically for saltwater use? or is it grand to just use regular fly gear and rinse after use?

Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:33 am

Only difference is the rings and reel fittings are stainless or some sort of salt resistant alloy