Flounder still hanging about the Beaches and Donegal Bass

Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:10 pm

This is my first time posting a report so just thought I'd stick one up as it seems not many are getting the chance to get out fishing at the minute with travel restrictions. Been fishing a few local beaches since the new year with varying results when targeting flatfish. Myself and Martin decided to try and target some Bass from the beach. Delighted to have landed my first which was a goal me and Martin had set ourselves for this winter even though it was small I was still delighted to get off the mark with one and see it returned back safely. Landed a nice sized 33/34cm flounder when I was targeting bass which was a surprise as I was convinced they had moved off at this stage. I had hoped for a 40cm Flounder this winter, but only came close with a 38cm recently a few weeks ago and had a 37cm and 36cm back a few months ago. Still delighted as it was a very good fish and have the chance to target a 40cm next winter again. Hopefully get a chance at a decent size pike when the travel restrictions are eased abit.
20210122_205858.jpg
20210122_205927.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Flounder still hanging about the Beaches and Donegal Bas

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Well done on getting out Sean and congrats on the Bass!

Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:51 pm

Well done on your first bass Sean, you've racked up a few nice flounder on the way too. I'm itching to put up a report, just don't know when that will be!

Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:05 pm

Nice size on those flounder !