Greystones

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:55 pm

High water : 11:40am
Bait: black wraps and squid
Conditions: cold and calm, flat sea
Results: 1 codling & 2 coalfish

After a million pin whiting the last week around north Dublin I decided to head south and give Greystones a go. Arrived and seen the sea was flat calm and got fishing around 10:30am.
First cast resulted in a little codling of around 26cms, happy days I thought, then an hour of nothing, baits coming back untouched, start thinking about the first cast curse :D
Eventually a small coalfish followed and then a better one of 42cms after another hour, shoulda packed up after that but hung on another hour without anything else showing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Greystones

Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:25 pm

Not too bad for this time of year.
Fair play braving the cold

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:55 pm

kenf41 wrote:Not too bad for this time of year.

Not a bad day to be out, at least the coley gave the rod a bit of a rattle, have had nothing but pin whiting around north Dublin the last week or two. And with the lockdown back looks like I won’t be out for a while :roll:

Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:21 pm

nice Coalfish!

Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:09 am

Good size coalfish .Also appropriate towel for this time of year.

Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:13 am

Daz wrote:Good size coalfish .Also appropriate towel for this time of year.

Tis’ the season Daz :D

Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:39 pm

Greendag wrote:

Not a bad day to be out, at least the coley gave the rod a bit of a rattle, have had nothing but pin whiting around north Dublin the last week or two. And with the lockdown back looks like I won’t be out for a while :roll:
Havn't been out in months and by the look of lockdown l Might give mornington a try as it's right beside me

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:39 pm

kenf41 wrote:
Greendag wrote:

Havn't been out in months and by the look of lockdown l Might give mornington a try as it's right beside me

It’s looking grim for me with the 5km, Look like I’ll have to give Dollymount a go :shock: