portmanknock

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:19 am

when. 2nd 8.30 till 1.00am.
where. high rock
high tide at 12.00.
bait. sand eel and squid.

Hi all its been a while.
well here gos. my son has started showing a real interest in going fishing. so the only place I could think of that might throw up a few fish was high rock, and am I glad we went there.
he got a gurnid and another fish on his first cast.(unable to post a photo so can't find out what it is.) he was over the moon.
I got 3 doggies so no blank and we all went home happy.
if anyone can help me with the photo bit that would be great thanks

Re: portmanknock

Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:44 am

cormac sparks wrote:when. 2nd 8.30 till 1.00am.
where. high rock
high tide at 12.00.
bait. sand eel and squid.

Hi all its been a while.
well here gos. my son has started showing a real interest in going fishing. so the only place I could think of that might throw up a few fish was high rock, and am I glad we went there.
he got a gurnid and another fish on his first cast.(unable to post a photo so can't find out what it is.) he was over the moon.
I got 3 doggies so no blank and we all went home happy.
if anyone can help me with the photo bit that would be great thanks

Wow a gurnard is a nice surprise! As for photos, they are a bit finicky here as they need to be a certain size, an easier solution would be to upload to imgur.com and post the link here!

Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:20 am

Email the photos to yourself and select small size, then save them from the received email to your photo album, you can upload the lower resolution images to the site.

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:05 pm

here are the photos. thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:06 pm

Nice to see High Rock producing in daylight!

Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:43 pm

Great photos! the other fish is a whiting mate :D

Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:02 pm

thanks for all the help. hopefully I will have more reports in the coming months

Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Fair play! Love catching Gurnards-and my 2 little fellas are very interested too as we live not too far away!