South Wexford rocks

Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:00 pm

I was down in Wexford and decided to get in a couple of short sessions, first up on Saturday we tried Rosslare point, gave up after 2 casts, the weed was too much so we went the boozer instead.
Sunday afternoon coincided with low water so we decided to try find a rock mark and fish with light gear in the hope of some wrasse.
South Wexford is not an area I’m familiar with so we knew very little about the spot we were fishing, we just decided to give it a go. Anyways, got fishing eventually after a longer than the expected walk to the spot. Using size 6 hooks with a bit of rag, a 1 ounce lead and just flicking it out it wasn’t too long before we were getting bites and shortly after a couple of small wrasse followed. Then came the unexpected part. Threw the line out around 20 yards and after a minute got a massive bite, the little silstar rod that I paid about a tenner for 20 years ago was under severe pressure but it did the job and a cracking bass was landed.
Unfortunately we were pushed for time and had to head off but it’s a spot I’ll try and get back to again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: South Wexford rocks

Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:06 pm

Holy crap that's some size fish for only size 6 hooks I'd say you are chuffed :lol:

Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:20 pm

Gonzo wrote:Holy crap that's some size fish for only size 6 hooks I'd say you are chuffed :lol:

Yeah chuffed is the word alright, :D

Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:03 pm

That’s a nice surprise:) well done.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:46 pm

Very nice. Heading there next Saturday for a week

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk