Greystones beach & rocks

Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:49 am

Greystones beach & rocks
Bait ragworm & sandeel
Tide flooding then ebbing
Results: 4 dogfish, 2 dab, 1 plaice (35cms)
Time 4:30pm till 9:30pm

I fished Greystones beach up behind the driving range, 2hrs up to HW and 2hrs down, it was slow enough but had 4 doggies to show for my efforts, all caught on rag, sandeel was coming back untouched. The current seems to be absolutely savage up that way and the leads were getting dragged down the beach. Had enough there and decided to use up the bit of rag left and head up to the rocks near the harbour.
At the rocks I just set up the small rod and straight away was getting bites, caught a couple of small dabs and then what I think was a plaice ( it was smooth when rubbed and had boney knobs up around its head) anyways nice little rattle on the small rod and it measured 35cms.
Plenty of bites and I reckon my hook up rate would have been much better if I downsized hooks but at that stage of the evening I wasn’t too bothered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Greystones beach & rocks

Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:53 am

That's a lovely plaice, and do you notice the dogfish down that way are very dark coloured?

Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:56 am

Gonzo wrote:That's a lovely plaice, and do you notice the dogfish down that way are very dark coloured?

Yeah, noticed that going through the photos, they’re all nearly black

Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:59 pm

That's a nice Plaice, well done.

Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:14 pm

MONKEYwrasse wrote:That's a nice Plaice, well done.

Cheers monkey, it was a nice little bonus to finish what had been a fairly mundane day.

Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:45 pm

Hi, thanks for putting up the report. Well done on the plaice, makes me want to head out there sometime this week.

Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:30 pm

The current up at the back of the driving range is nasty to fish,nice plaice fair play

Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:43 pm

Lovely plaice man

Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:55 pm

ste c wrote:The current up at the back of the driving range is nasty to fish,nice plaice fair play

Thanks, with regard to the rip through there it makes the fishing a bit tricky alright, saying that I’m not overly familiar with the spot, I’ve only fished there a couple of times, caught a stack of doggies first time round. I wouldn’t be rushing back around the hw mark again. Next time I’d probably try approaching LW, see if makes any difference (Probably won’t :D)