Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:44 am

hound.JPG
smoothie.JPG
Dab.jpg
Fishing tide from Low to High
Warm and Sunny changing to very windy
Rigs Pully Pennel and 2 hook flapper
Bait frozen crab and dead ragworm
Arrived at the North Wexford Beach to find it surprizingly quiet thankfully. The wind was coming up the coast and over my shoulder and the sea was fairly calm. I took out my ragworm to discover it hadnt survived from thursday. so i placed it in fresh sand and water. Took out some frozen crab also. I decided to cast out the 2 hook rig with small pieces of rag with small hooks to see if there was anything stirring. Straight away into action with bites and in came a dab. Baited up the 2 hook rig with the dead rag and cast out and loosened off the drag. After a minute the rod nearly came off the stand. A nice smoothie put up a great scrap and in it came. I didnt have time to use the second rod and continued using the 2 hook rig with the rag. Another three smoothies followed. It was a fish a cast. I took a break and had a quick bite myself. I decided to try the frozen crab on the pully rig to see how it would go. No action and changed to the rag and nearly straight away into a nice smoothie. Next cast a tiny whiting. I put aside the pully rig and returned to the flapper rig with tiny rag and another nice smoothie. The wind was picking up and with the tide, the sea was getting wild. Only small whiting now and bites that werent producing. Getting dark I headed for the hills.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Smoothounds North Wexford

Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:22 pm

Didn't think dead rag was still worth using, here's me throwing it away :lol:

Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:19 pm

Yeah was just going to say if it was me I would have turfed the dead rag into the sea. Great session Fair play

Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:57 pm

Some lovely looking hounds sean, nice one!

Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:34 pm

Ragworm, dead or alive, seems to be the what the smoothound are taking at the moment.!! Nice report, handsome looking smoothounds. Very nice.

Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:19 pm

The hounds certainly seemed to have taken up residence in the estuary for the summer.
Some nice fish there, well done.

Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:59 pm

Excellent stuff. Ive a house booked for a week in August in north wexford. Hopefully I find some good fishing

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk