Greystones Harbour 02.07.2020

Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:58 pm

When: 02/07/2020
Where: Greystones Harbour
Duration: 18:30-22:30
High Water: 22:21
Equipment: 11ft Daiwa bass rod with Shimano 4000 Reel - 15ft Shakespeare Agility 2 with Rovex 9000 Reel.
Bait/Rig: 2 hook flapper 1/0 hooks with 4oz grip weight & mackerel/squid cocktails on 11ft rod and 2 hook flapper with size 1/0 hooks, 6oz grip lead & mackerel/squid cocktails on the 15ft rod.
Conditions: Overcast but water was clear and like a mirror.
Result: A dogfish

After seeing a lobster caught here the other night I decided to give it another bash but with my full setup this time. When I got to the end of the pier there was a load of people fishing there already with barely any space to get a good cast, although I did try for a while with nothing happening I decided to try get up on the rock armor which was very difficult with all my gear but I managed to get to a half decent spot. After a few missed bites I finally got a dogfish but went quiet again for rest of the night, I tried some hokkai feathers for a few casts before I left to see if there was any mackerel but no joy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Greystones Harbour 02.07.2020

Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:30 pm

Not a bad spot to fish when its not busy, along with the lobster there's some strap congors close to the harbour wall.
The beaches a few miles further south are worth a try this time of year on smaller tides.
Cheers for the report.