Bullock Harbour Rocks 30.06.2020

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:56 pm

When: 30/06/2020
Where: Rocks behind Bullock Harbour near Dalkey
Duration: 16:30-19:00
High Water: 20:27
Equipment: 11ft Daiwa bass rod with Shimano 4000 Reel - 15ft Shakespeare Agility 2 with Rovex 9000 Reel.
Bait/Rig: Hokkai feathers with 3oz weight on 11ft rod and 3 hook flapper with size 4 hooks, 3oz grip lead & mackerel/flounder chunks on the 15ft rod.
Conditions: Overcast with a bit of drizzle but water was fairly calm, still a bit coloured from recent rough weather though.
Result: Blank

This has to be the most disgusting mark I've ever fished. Rubbish EVERYWHERE, and not the usual beer cans (although there was some of course) this place had toilet rolls and all sorts of crap strewn around the place :x I thought Dalkey was supposed to be a classy area. Anyways, the only thing I caught was a man on a kayak who manage to tangle his oar on my line, which I had barely cast 30ft out.. I gave this place a couple of hours and with nothing happening I decided to jump in the car and head to Greystones harbour for the rest of the evening, which went much better, here is the link to that report: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51177
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bullock Harbour Rocks 30.06.2020

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:13 am

Jesus, that’s disgusting, was up that way a couple of year ago, I’d never go back, filthy, sh**e all over the place

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:27 am

That really would put you off fishing these marks, seems to be a huge problem that needs to be addressed. Theres lots of anglers that always clean up after their sessions and then theres a new breed that treat these marks like toilets. I wonder would reporting it to the councils attract any attention.

Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:42 pm

Havnt been here in a while but that rubbish is a joke, I have had some decent Pollock and fallen wrasse here in the past using a sea float

Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:07 am

I like to target wrasse out there sometimes, and quiet like the spot, but it does always piss me off how people litter there, I always carry away a bag of discarded fishing line, broken sabiki rigs, plastic bait boxes and beer cans etc. Gonzo, try a 1cm hardback crab, hooked through the back leg axels on a size 1 baitholder on a dropper loop, 1 oz weight at the bottom. If you lower that down into the holes you might pick up a wrasse at that mark.

Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:14 pm

DarrenNiall wrote:I like to target wrasse out there sometimes, and quiet like the spot, but it does always piss me off how people litter there, I always carry away a bag of discarded fishing line, broken sabiki rigs, plastic bait boxes and beer cans etc. Gonzo, try a 1cm hardback crab, hooked through the back leg axels on a size 1 baitholder on a dropper loop, 1 oz weight at the bottom. If you lower that down into the holes you might pick up a wrasse at that mark.

As DarrenNiall says, it is great for wrasse. And dumpling rubbish.

Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:23 am

Sean Mac wrote:That really would put you off fishing these marks, seems to be a huge problem that needs to be addressed. Theres lots of anglers that always clean up after their sessions and then theres a new breed that treat these marks like toilets. I wonder would reporting it to the councils attract any attention.

Yeah, like a ban on angling?

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:38 am

I have a boat in Bullock and from what I have seen all summer its not anglers littering the place but tons of teenagers having parties on the rocks and drinking all day with the good weather and lock down restrictions in place! The whole place has been absolutely mobbed cause of the restrictions!

Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:02 pm

Same situation with the litter in Dillon's pk. in Dalkey. A lot of it is down to non-anglers but there's plenty of discarded hooks, lines and empty rig packets around too. I always found that spot behind Bulloch to be a bit of a tackle grave yard.