Arthurstown pier

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:55 pm

High tide was at 12:50, I fished from 11:50 to 15:20 and I was using frozen sand eel for bait on a 2 hook flapper.
I also had my spinning rod and was spinning using white 6” sidewinder lures.
Unfortunately I didn’t catch a thing, the crabs were cleaning the hooks!
There were some other anglers there using lug and peeler as bait, so there were a total of 9 rods being fished off the pier and in the time that I was there no one caught a thing!

Re: Arthurstown pier

Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:03 pm

Sharky Shark wrote:High tide was at 12:50, I fished from 11:50 to 15:20 and I was using frozen sand eel for bait on a 2 hook flapper.
I also had my spinning rod and was spinning using white 6” sidewinder lures.
Unfortunately I didn’t catch a thing, the crabs were cleaning the hooks!
There were some other anglers there using lug and peeler as bait, so there were a total of 9 rods being fished off the pier and in the time that I was there no one caught a thing!

I've been looking at tides4fishing.com and they have this solunar activity sort of prediction thing for when fishing will be good and when it'll be bad, it said very low activity for today, and it appears that this was correct. If it's anything to go by it says things will be picking up from tomorrow with activity increasing during the week and peaking next Sunday before gradually reducing again :D

Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:51 pm

Thanks man! That is promising! The sun was out all day down here, so too bright! Just need the crabs to take a holiday now!

Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:04 am

Just came home from arthurstown 10 mins ago and it seems to fish best around HW into darkness. Although you simply need HW and crab/squid and you can tap into hounds. I had 2 decent smoothies as did the lads beside me who also hooked into something massive (2 lads holding the rod at one stage) and lost it. Some sort of ray it seemed!
Sandeel will catch you fish although mostly dogs and flats there, I had success with fresh frozen peeler tonight.

PM me if you want more info on it or the surrounding area

Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:18 pm

Thanks a mil Teegerstk, really appreciate your advice! That sounded like a good evening fishing! Will drop ya a message and maybe catch up with ya sometime for a few casts!

Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:15 pm

Sharky Shark wrote:Thanks a mil Teegerstk, really appreciate your advice! That sounded like a good evening fishing! Will drop ya a message and maybe catch up with ya sometime for a few casts!

No worries, it's a great place to fish and handy for me as it's a 5 minute spin away. I'd surely be up to bash some hounds with ya!